Friday, February 09, 2007

What a week

I'm so glad it's over. I've spent far too long annoying people today and I really hope all my effort has paid off. I've been falling asleep at weird times (such as 4:00 in the afternoon) and in weird places (such as on the sofas in the coffee shop in the Union) for all of this week. I've enjoyed the bits where I have been awake but really want campus life to get back to normal. I don't like being annoying but sometimes it is necessary. I don't like walking around looking really stupid wearing a hat with a sign hanging off it but sometimes I need the publicity.

I decided to tell my personal tutor about my course switch today. She saw this as yet another opportunity to go mad at me for my commitments so I decided to say that I was downsizing (though anyone who has been around campus this last week would have been aware that I am standing for a position in the Union). I am not at all downsizing. My commitments are changing slightly. I have less time to do some but more time to do others. I hate time spent doing absolutely nothing and would much rather be doing something I enjoy in between lectures. I may have been ill due to stress at the end of last term, and stress may have made me more susceptible to the illnesses I've had since then, but it was definitely down to the fact that I was on the wrong course and not that I was having a good time in between lectures and in the evenings.

Sorry about that rant. I've been ranting at people all day after having heard that the snow was affecting turnout in the Union elections, despite the fact we have to vote online! I've never heard of a couple of inches (at most) of snow affecting whether the internet works. There is, however, some sort of weird psychological connection between bad weather and voter apathy. Apparently this is the case even when you don't even have to walk out the front door. I'm half dreading tomorrow night because I really don't want to see elections week take 2. I've also been praying all day that, even if nothing else happens, the election for Democracy Committee Chair is quorate. I simply cannot cope with another week like this one has been, at least in the near future.

Oh well, that was yet another rant. Just don't get me started on incompetence in the Home Office!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home