Thursday, March 08, 2007

Getting annoyed with student politics

I really am. I spent all of yesterday stressing out about getting back to Coventry in time to stand in an election that I never realised was online. I had been ill over the weekend so never got around to submitting a manifesto which is more than likely going to go against me. Anyone who doesn't recognise my name will think "oh, she couldn't be bothered to submit a manifesto so why should I vote for her." There was another election that I was planning to stand in but somehow my nomination got lost. I decided to stand in week 6 but the meeting was inquorate so all business was postponed until week 9. Nominations from week 6, however, were not carried forward to week 9. I definitely don't have a chance of being on the officer team now. My chances of being on the committee I am standing for are also very slim. I'm going to have too much free time next year. I just hope that my exec positions (and essays, of course!) take up a good amount of time. I'm so annoyed. Oh, and to top it all off, referenda publicity is almost non-existent. What on earth do the proposers think they are doing when last term's referenda were inquorate. At least I wasn't too ill to vote though.

Sorry about that really annoying rant, it was just something I had to get off my chest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home